6 mouth-watering Ferrero Rocher cupcakes plus recipe links

6 Ferrero Rocher cupcakes, not exactly related to New Year's but how fun and impressive would these be at a New Year's party? Each blog (click through on their name) has the recipe for how to make them!


by How to Eat a Cupcake (this post also has a video telling you how to make them). From the post:

I started with the chocolate hazelnut cupcake recipe from Cupcakes Galore by Gail Wagman. I chose it because it called for Nutella instead of hazelnut extract (which I don't have, nor do I know where to find some). I filled the suckers with MORE Nutella. Then I topped each one with the crispy part of a sugar wafer cookie. Finally I topped them with half semi-sweet/half milk chocolate ganache filled with chopped hazelnuts. I couldn't find hazelnuts in the store, so I rummaged through a bag of espresso trail mix I got from Target. I got about 1/3 cup of hazelnuts from that. These tiny cupcakes are slam full of hazelnut flavor. The ganache is rich but delicious. The chopped hazelnuts give it great texture. The sugar wafer cookies go stale quickly, but once they're soggy you don't even know they're there. Definitely make these at home if you love Ferrero Rocher chocolates!


by 6 Bittersweets. This recipe uses hazelnut extract and edible gold, among other things. From the post:

Without the time or supplies to make my cupcakes look exactly Rocher-like, I chose instead to use some actual chocolates as toppers and pumped up the taste with some hazelnut wafer cookies from World Market plus more hazelnuts in the filling.


by Willow Bird Baking - From the post:

The cupcakes are scrumptious — moist and rich chocolate cake surrounding the familiar Rocher goodness. There were a few flaws. The candy stuck to the bottom of the cupcake paper a bit, so a little of its chocolate coating gets left behind when you peel the paper off. I think freezing them for a full 30-45 minutes before baking (I froze mine for 15) would help.


by Lick The Bowl Good - From the post:

The cupcakes in this recipe are made with Hershey's chocolate syrup so it tastes of chocolate but it's not overwhelming. And since they're made with syrup and not cocoa the cupcakes are somewhat like a cake brownie in texture but a little sticky. In my opinion it's the perfect texture and taste to the chocolatey hazelnuts of the Nutella and Ferrero Rocher. The cupcakes were very simple to make and were a hit!


by The Bitchin' Kitchin


by Sugar Coated Bliss - From the post:

Overall, the actual cupcake batter creates an INCREDIBLY moist, light and fluffy cupcake! As I mentioned earlier, I only had 16 Ferrero Rocher chocolates instead of the 24 I needed, so there were some cupcakes that didn’t get the privilege of having a Ferrero Rocher centre. However, the cupcakes without the Ferrero Rocher chocolate were just as delicious as the ones that had the chocolate in the middle.

For the cupcakes that had the chocolate in the centre, the Ferrero Rocher taste is definitely present. The only downfall is that the wafer from the Ferrero Rocher does not stay crisp, so you don’t get that balance of crispy and moist that you might expect. The ganache with the pieces of hazelnuts finish off these cupcake perfectly.

Comments